Your company gives you a monthly allowance you can use throughout the year. Use it to pay for insurance each month or to cover expenses as they come up.
You can enroll in a health insurance policy for the following calendar year during the national open enrollment.
See below for a list of each state's marketplace and open enrollment dates:
- California - Covered California: 10/15/2018 - 1/15/2019
- Colorado - Connect for Health: 11/1/2018 - 1/15/2019
- Connecticut - Access Health CT: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
- Idaho - Your Health Idaho: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
- Maryland - Maryland Health Connection: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
- Massachusetts - Massachusetts Health Connector: 11/1/2018 - 1/23/2019
- Minnesota - MNsure: 11/1/2018 - 1/13/2019
- New York - NY State of Health: 11/1/2018 - 1/31/2019
- Rhode Island - HealthSource RI: 11/1/2018 - 12/31/2018
- Vermont - Vermont Health Connect: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
- Washington - Health Benefit Exchange: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
- Washing, DC - DC Health Link: 11/1/2018 - 1/31/2019
- All other states: Healthcare.gov: 11/1/2018 - 12/15/2018
Outside of open enrollment, you can only enroll in a major medical insurance policy if you've experienced a qualifying life event.
If you need help finding insurance, we have a marketplace of trusted partners ready to provide shopping assistance. You can visit our partners StrideHealth and eHealth. You can also feel free to purchase your insurance through other marketplaces or even an agent or broker.