Once PeopleKeep has verified your employees' expenses, they appear on your Dashboard as reimbursements due. You can pay employees as soon as their reimbursements show up in PeopleKeep.
Adding a payroll line item
Payroll reimbursements are the most common, but you can also make reimbursements through individual check or even pay cash. If you'd like to reimburse employees through payroll, you'll need to create a non-taxable payroll line item.
Approve and pay
Once an employee has reimbursements verified, you can approve them immediately, on their next paycheck, or at the end of the month. To remain compliant with your legal documents, you need to approve on a monthly basis, but you can wait as long as 90 days to pay the reimbursements out.
To approve reimbursements
- On your Dashboard, click the blue Rᴇɪᴍʙᴜʀsᴇ button under the total amount due.
- By default, all employees are selected. If you'd like to approve some expenses separately, you can deselect the employee’s name on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the reimbursement method to select how the reimbursements will be paid.
- Enter the date the employees will receive the money in the Scheduled Date field.
- Select Aᴘᴘʀᴏᴠᴇ.
In the pop-up that appears, confirm that you want to approve reimbursements. You'll have the option to download a spreadsheet to keep for your records and use to submit the reimbursements.
Approving the reimbursements in PeopleKeep doesn't transfer funds. Some common ways to pay the reimbursements are:
- Enter the amounts online when you're entering other information (hours, etc.).
- Forward the CSV report to your payroll representative.
- Provide a separate check.