When an employee leaves your company or is no longer eligible to participate in the benefit, you should update their employment status to keep your company's reimbursement and employee records accurate. Here's some steps for doing that:
- Go to Company > Directory.
- Find the employee whose status needs to change and click on their name.
- Click the blue Edit button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under Employment Status History, click on the Add Employment Status button.
- Select the employee's new status and the effective date of that status change, then click on Add.
- Once you see that added, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
If you are terminating the employee, this will remove them from your directory. If you'd like to see all the users you've removed, you can select the orange Sʜᴏᴡ ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ button on the top-left side of the screen.
If this employee was part of the benefit program they'll have 90 days to enter expenses they incurred before the date of their status change. Their eligibility ends the date of their status change, but they'll still receive the full month's allowance even if their status changes mid-month. For example, If someone's status changes on June 7, 2017, only expenses incurred on or before June 7, 2017, are eligible. But, their monthly allowance for June won't be prorated.